Everyone loves the famous holiday beverage known as eggnog but what about all that sugar and dairy that is in the original recipe? Well fear not! I have this amazing recipe that is not only dairy free but also refined sugar free!
Instead, I use honey which not only is sweet but also loaded with nutrients. But remember…just because it’s healthier doesn’t mean to go hog wild. It is still a treat and should enjoyed as one.
Makes 4 servings
- 2/3 cups coconut milk or other dairy alternative of choice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 tbsp. local raw or manuka honey (heated up to get soft)
- Rum, or alcohol of choice is optional
- Add all ingredients in a blender (alcohol too if you want it alcoholic) and blend until combined and frothy. Chill in fridge for a few hours.
- Dust with nutmeg or cinnamon prior to serving.
With Nourishing Love,
P.S Don’t forget to sign up for my FREE 7-Day Simple Weight Loss Challenge below and get it delivered right to your inbox. Get ready for 2018 with this full 7 day meal plan, grocery list, recipes and so much more!