Back to school can be an adjustment for everyone, but especially mom who makes the meals. There is a lot more to do like getting homework done, baths accomplished and of course dinner. But dinner doesn’t have to be so challenging that you feel like you have to order unhealthy take out.
Make this ahead of time, like the night before and before you are off to work or after you pick up the kids, get it started so that you have a hot fresh dinner ready to go when its time. Throw together some simple vegetable sides and viola dinner served!
Not only is this meal healthy and a classic but also easy and waist line decreasing. Which is a true recipe for success!
Grain Free Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- 2 lbs. organic ground lean beef (or mix of lean ground meat you like)
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- ½ cup shredded zucchini, liquid squeezed out
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce of choice (low sugar)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf and mix thoroughly.
- Grease liberally the slow cooker crock with cooking spray or oil, so that it doesn’t stick.
- Place the meat mixture in slow cooker, using your hands shape it into a loaf shape then cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Once done, spread pasta sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Cut up in to slices and serve along side some green beans and mashed potatoes or salad and some sweet potato. Whatever is easy and tasty.
Dinner doesn’t have to be such a challenge. Take the help when you can get it and the slow cooker is exactly that help. This meal with not only feed your family well, but also help you to lose those pounds without having to make more than one meal.
With Nourishing Love,