Do you love chips but feel guilty eating them? Are you the person, when around chips, eats the whole bag? If so, then this recipe is for you!
Instead of saying no to chips altogether, swap them out for sweet potato chips. You can season them with salt or other wonderful spices and you can even use them to dip or make a healthy nacho plate. I bet you weren’t expecting that.
So instead of saying no, say yes to this healthy sweet potato chip recipe and enjoy!
Healthy Sweet Potato Chips
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 1/2 lbs of sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or coconut oil (melted)
- Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Using parchment paper, line the baking sheet and set aside. You want to use a mandolin for this step in order to get the best uniform cuts. I put mine closest to the blade for the thinnest cut possible. The thinner the potato the crispier it will cook. Using a knife would take a long time but is still an option.
- Once cut, take the sweet potatoes and put into a bowl. Coat with the oil evenly, and the spread out onto the baking sheet. You want them to be an even layer so that they all cook evenly.
- Lightly salt your chips or to taste. You could also add other seasonings such as garlic salt, onion salt or whatever you like really. Put into oven and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes depending on your oven or until crisp and golden in color.
- Take out of oven and let cool for 6 minutes on the baking sheet. Once cooled, put into a bowl move the chips to storage bowl to keep fresh. If any of the chips aren’t cooked all the way, just put back into the oven and let cook until completely crisp. Maybe an additional 5 minutes or so.