I love coconut. Not everyone in my household agrees but that is OK because I get to make these and enjoy them WAY longer that way. This recipe is best when frozen and taken out as needed because you can make them once and have them for a month or longer…so when that “sweet tooth” kicks in you are totally covered.
But with this recipe, you are covered with way LESS guilt because they are better for you. Less processed sugars and good healthy fats, unlike the original variety. And with back to school approaching, you can even sneak a couple treats in the kiddos’ lunch boxes and feel really good about that decision.
I hope you enjoy these yummy joyous treats. 🙂
Joyous Almond Candies
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 24 raw almonds
- ½ tbsp. sea salt
- ½ tbsp. vanilla
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips (dairy free preferred and above 70% is best)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- In large food processor, add shredded coconut, melted coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla.
- Process it until wet and sticky. It should clump together when you pinch it.
- Using a cooling rack, take about a heaping tablespoon of mixture out and form it into any shape you want with your hands and place them on the rack. Continue to do this, until all of the mixture is gone. Typically, they are shaped into ovals.
- Then place whole almond on top of each candy.
- Place candies in the fridge while you prepare the chocolate coating. In a sauce pan, heat up coconut oil, and chocolate. Stir until combined.
- Take out candy from fridge, and either dip the candy into the chocolate or spoon chocolate over each candy. Sprinkle sea salt on top of each one if you so choose. Place back in fridge to harder for at least 15 minutes or until firm. Can keep nicely in fridge for 3 to 5 days or freeze them and take out as needed.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as I had in making it for you. Weight loss doesn’t mean you have to give up everything you love. You can find ways to make it work and this is one great way to do just that.
With Nourishing Love,